- Explore HTML5 APIs and related technologies for creating 3D web graphics, including WebGL, Canvas, and CSS
- Delve into the 3D content creation pipeline, and the modeling and animation tools for creating killer 3D content
- Look into several game engines and frameworks for building 3D applications, including the author’s Vizi framework
- Create 3D environments with multiple objects and complex interaction, using examples and supporting code
- Examine the issues involved in building WebGL-based 3D applications for mobile browsers
Buy book: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029205.do
About the Author:
Tony Parisi is an entrepreneur and career CTO/architect. He has developed international standards and protocols, created noteworthy software products, and started and sold technology companies. Tony's passion for innovating is exceeded only by his desire to bring coolness and fun to the broadest possible audience.
Tony is perhaps best known for his work as a pioneer of 3D standards for the web. He is the co-creator of VRML and X3D, ISO standards for networked 3D graphics. He also co-developed SWMP, a real-time messaging protocol for multi-user virtual worlds. Tony continues to build community around innovations in 3D as the co-chair of the WebGL Meetup and a founder of the Rest3D working group.
Tony is currently a partner in a stealth online gaming startup and has a consulting practice developing social games, virtual worlds and location-based services for San Francisco Bay Area clients.